Summer is coming quickly and trips to the pool and beach will be the order of the day. Ensure your skin has that healthy look by starting a regimine of Vascutin. In the article below you will see how the ingredients in Vascutin will contribute to healthly looking skin in addition to sound vasular health.
The Secret to Younger-looking Skin
Only a decade or so ago, anti-aging products concentrated primarily on reducing wrinkles and plumping up the skin to produce a smoother, more youthful appearance. And although combating wrinkles is a necessary step in any anti-aging routine, it's not the only factor in maintaining younger-looking skin.
Research has demonstrated that there's another factor that plays a significant role in how old you look: the evenness of your skin tone. The ability to lessen the appearance of age spots and the capacity to provide a lightening effect for sallow, age-damaged skin is central to achieving this goal. One of the best ways to do that is with the bioflavonoid hesperidin.
Hesperidin has a similar structure to hydroquinone, a compound that has long been considered the professional gold standard for the treatment of age spots and other hyperpigmentation disorders. Like hydroquinone, hesperidin works by limiting the capacity of the skin cells to produce tyrosinase, the enzyme responsible for producing the skin pigment melanin. However, unlike hydroquinone, hesperidin does not come with a list of side effects. In fact, research has demonstrated that hesperidin safely produces a reduction in tyrosinase activity. By interfering with tyrosinase activity, hesperidin is ultimately able to inhibit the development of age spots.
Hesperidin has outstanding potential for cosmetic use. Its vasoprotective and skin-lightening actions work to counteract many of the visible signs of aging.
Rejuvenate From the Inside Out
Wrinkles and age spots aren't the only visible signs of aging. Spider veins and varicose veins are unsightly and often embarrassing reminders that we're not as young as we used to be. Although many people believe that these are inevitable factors in the aging process, research has proven that it is possible to defy these signs of old age.
Spider veins and varicose veins occur as a result of the gradual weakening and deterioration of capillaries. In order to maintain healthy blood circulation, it's imperative that the arteries and capillaries be kept as clean and strong as possible. Unfortunately, being so small, the capillaries are extremely susceptible to damage from free radical assault, aging, and other factors that can lead to compromised integrity and function. This can lead to rupturing and bleeding that is visible as "broken veins" on the surface of the skin. However, maintaining the health of the circulatory system can prevent this type of damage from occurring.
One of the best ways to maintain the health of your capillaries is with a bioflavonoid found naturally in fruits and vegetables called rutin. Rutin has the capacity to regenerate vitamin C after it neutralizes a free radical, thus helping to restore its antioxidant potential. Because vitamin C plays a critical role in the manufacture of collagen, an important component of capillary walls as well as the sustaining framework of the epidermis, this could have a dramatic impact on the health of your skin.
Rutin has the ability to protect skin from damage caused by advanced glycation end products (AGEs). AGEs accelerate the aging of skin cells, which cause the skin to lose elasticity and collagen. One clinical study found that rutin can effectively modulate the breakdown of collagen caused by AGEs.
Rutin's ability to provide microvascular protection, improve circulation, and defend against free radical damage makes it an excellent ingredient in any natural skin care formulation for aging skin.
Skin-Saving Benefits of Bioflavonoids
- Bioflavonoids are a group of approximately 4,000 naturally occurring plant metabolites that are responsible for the vibrant color of many fruits, vegetables, and flowers.
- Bioflavonoids have the ability to neutralize reactive oxygen species by donating one of their electrons, thus stabilizing the molecule and breaking the oxidative chain.
- Two of the better-known bioflavonoids, hesperidin, and rutin, have solid research behind them proving their power to prevent and reverse wrinkles, reduce the appearance of age spots, and even fight spider veins and varicose veins.
- Hesperidin safely reduces the appearance of age spots by reducing the activity of tyrosinase, the enzyme responsible for producing the skin pigment melanin.
- Rutin helps fight spider veins and varicose veins by maintaining healthy blood circulation. It also decreases capillary permeability and makes the blood thinner,6 thereby improving microcirculation so the skin cells receive more oxygen and nutrients.